Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Library Careers: Information Organization and Retrieval, Customer Service and More

Library Careers: Information Organization and Retrieval, Customer Service and More






Like most people, I never thought I would be a librarian while I was growing up. I tossed around a few ideas periodically: horse trainer, accountant, or psychologist, but I ultimately switched to library science while I was in graduate school. Why? I like working with people, but I do not necessarily want to be a clinical psychologist. I love working in a large urban public library system, providing services to those who need it most. I love working with kids, doing story times, and working at a research library on Sunday. I enjoy blogging and the excellent literary programs that NYPL staff and visiting presenters produce. I have been a librarian since 2003, and I have met a few people who are in library school or who have library degrees and were searching for jobs. This is a blog post for them. Read article...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment