Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Why I have to quit Spotify | Digital Trends

Spotify, you’re wonderful, but I have to quit you

By

About one year ago, I decided to commit to Spotify. I silently chose to leave behind my decade’s worth of MP3s and go all in on streaming. Lugging around my 90GB of music and manually copying MP3s from one device to another had grown tiresome. It’s been a year now, and not a terrible year either. In many ways, it was a fantastic year (the world didn’t even end). But after 400 odd days of streaming an unlimited number of full albums without buying them, creating countless playlists, sending dozens of songs, and playing that music on any device I pleased (for the $10 a month premium fee), I’ve decided I need to quit.

I know what you’re thinking: You’re probably shaking your computer monitor (or iPad) violently asking why I’d possibly want to give up a service that lets you stream as much Lady Gaga, Nickelback, and Smash Mouth as you want?! I mean how can you turn down the ability to listen to Bananarama’s full catalog? These are good questions. Especially considering that I’m listening to The Mowgli’s on Spotify as I type this! But I never said I wasn’t a hypocrite. It won’t be easy and I don’t know where to go – all I know is that I need to get out. Read more...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment