Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Why Are You Using Social Media Channels?

Why Are You Using Social Media Channels?


By John Palinkas

You are probably a bit puzzled by the above headline. After all, almost everyone uses social media, right? If you ask your friends, they probably have at least one account on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc. You probably even have accounts on multiple social media sites. Most companies have switched from traditional marketing to social media. So, why is everyone using social media?

I recently became the vice president of marketing for the New Jersey chapter of Society for Information Management (SIM), a networking group for IT leaders. I was asked to serve in the marketing role to specifically create a social media marketing campaign for SIM. As I was describing my plans with other members, I discovered something interesting. Many people think the only difference between social media marketing and traditional marketing is the channels you use. Let me give you an example.
- See more at:

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment