The 7 Skills Students Must Have For The Future
During the half-hour talk, Wagner talks about the “global achievement gap” which is essentially the divide between what our best schools are teaching and what’s actually needed in the future. In other words, even our best schools aren’t really adequately preparing students for the future. It’s not for lack of trying or resources, though. It’s in part due to the fact that most jobs of the future simply don’t exist yet. Not only that, it’s nearly impossible to figure out what industries those jobs will even be a part of.
The Skills Students Must HaveSo if you’re not able to sit down and watch the full video below, here’s a quick rundown of the student skills Wagner recommends.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Collaboration across networks and leading by influence
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurialism
- Effective oral and written communication
- Accessing and analyzing information
- Curiosity and imagination