Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

3 Reasons Networking is a Job Search Priority | CAREEREALISM

3 Reasons Networking is a Job Search Priority | CAREEREALISM
September 15, 2012 · By

Image Credit: Shutterstock

One of the most common complaints I hear from job seekers today is they hate networking. They say to me, “I know 80% of jobs are gotten by networking, but I just hate begging people for a job.” At which point I say, “If you feel like networking is begging for a job, then you’re doing it wrong.”

Networking isn’t Begging, it’s Giving

When you network, the goal isn’t to ask for a job, the goal is to give the other person a chance to get to know you. It’s time spent sharing ideas and having meaningful conversations around industry-related topics as a way to feel more comfortable with one another. Most importantly, it’s your way to do research on a person to determine how you might help them some day with their career.
Let me explain… Read whole article.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment