Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Raymond Pun …Reference/Research Librarian | INALJ


Raymond Pun …Reference/Research Librarian

April 9, 2013
By
All Jobs for INALJ can be found here: http://inalj.com/?p=1441 Updated daily
Naomi House’s interview with success story Raymond.

raymondpNaomi:  How did you find your job as a Reference/Research Librarian?
Raymond:  In August 2006, I started out as an undergraduate intern as a history major processing and boxing up Holocaust archives in the Dorot Jewish Division of The New York Public Library: Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, formerly known as the Humanities and Social Sciences Library. That eventually led to another position as a periodicals assistant in the Periodicals Division and at that time I was also getting my M.L.S., which was great because I was able to apply my academic trainings from school into practice at work and the Library generously supported my career goals and education. So after I completed the program, our periodicals librarian retired and I took over that position where I handled a bulk of the reference interviews and inquiries relating to periodicals/microfilm collections at NYPL. I am now part of the General Research Division where I provide reference and research support to our patrons still in the same focus and I also manage our social media accounts (Yes, I get to blog and update our Facebook and Twitter accounts for work!), teach classes and host public programs! Read more....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment