Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tumblrarian 101: Tumblr for Libraries and Librarians

Tumblrarian 101: Tumblr for Libraries and Librarians

Tumblr got me a job.

Being intimidated by the prospect of a “full-size” blog, I joined Tumblr in February 2011. Since then I’ve shamelessly promoted my “name” and stalked down as many libraries/librarians on the site as I could find. I’ve connected with libraries, librarians, library students, publishers, writers, readers, Doctor Who fanatics, and cat lovers. I even linked up with LJ and got to write my first “Backtalk” piece.

Days later, my now current employer reached out after reading the piece, complimented my writing, and told me about an opening at their company. I was in immediately for an interview, and a week or so after that, received an offer. Just like that, I’m a working librarian. Read more....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment