Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcoming Words to the Latest Class of Library Science Students (Now Get Crackin’) « Agnostic, Maybe

Welcoming Words to the Latest Class of Library Science Students (Now Get Crackin’) « Agnostic, Maybe  August 27, 2012 by Andy



Right now across the country, there are new graduate student arriving in the classroom (both real and virtual) to start their academic journey towards a Master’s degree in Library Science. It’s hard for me to believe that I only graduated six years ago and have only been on the job in a librarian capacity for five years (this September will be my fifth year anniversary). It certainly has been a roller coaster ride for me in those five years and has taken me in directions that I didn’t think I would be ending up. After struggling with a previous career in commercial horticulture and a misfire by way of a year in law school, it is been a relief to finally find my niche in the world.
As such, I’d to offer advice to the incoming MLS class in the form that most commonly unsolicited counsel takes these days: a blog post from a peer in the profession. So, without further ado, here’s what I advise the newest and latest class of librarians. Read article.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment