Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Librarians Abroad: Lynn Yarmey, Data Curator | Peer to Peer Review

Librarians Abroad: Lynn Yarmey, Data Curator | Peer to Peer Review
By on August 23, 2012 



My students are their own people; what makes them amazing comes from them, not me. I see them for two or three semesters at most. Still they enrich my life considerably, and when I manage to enrich theirs in return, I’m happy.
With the “Librarians Abroad” series, I’d like to introduce Library Journal readers to various information professionals who were once my students. I’m intentionally choosing professionals who work either entirely outside libraries and archives, or who hold somewhat less traditional positions inside libraries and archives. I don’t believe all the doom-and-gloom talk about libraries, librarians, and the MLS; I prefer to demonstrate the expanded and still-expanding horizons of the information professions.
(If I once taught you, and you fit this rubric, drop me a line! I’d be pleased to interview you.)
lynn yarmey Librarians Abroad: Lynn Yarmey, Data Curator | Peer to Peer Review
Lynn Yarmey
It is my honor and my pleasure, then, to introduce Lynn Yarmey, who bravely took a chance on my first-time “topics in collection development” course at the University of Illinois. Read whole article.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment