Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nico Carver …In Six | INALJ (I Need a Library Job)

Nico Carver …In Six | INALJ (I Need a Library Job)

August 29, 2012
By
Reposted from 5/2/12
My interview with success story Nico



Naomi: How did you find your current job?
Nico: I first saw the job listed on the inalj daily digest! I immediately knew I wanted to apply. Over the next few days, many of my colleagues sent me the same job posting. I made sure to have many sources of information in my job hunt, so that no opportunity would be missed. It’s good to have a safety net!

Naomi: Favorite library you have been to?
Nico: I like small libraries. My favorite is the Pondok Pekak Lending Library in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. When I was studying abroad, Pondok Pekak was my only source of books in English. The smaller selection of materials made me much more likely to browse and read books I wouldn’t have found otherwise. Some examples that profoundly impacted my thinking: Kōbō Abe’s Woman in the Dunes, Gregory Bateson’s Steps to an Ecology of Mind, Lynn Margulis’s Symbiosis as a Source of Evolutionary Innovation. Read MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment